Municipality of Bethel Park
The Municipality of Bethel Park is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, age, gender, religion, disability or national origin.
When an employment opportunity becomes available it will be posted on this page until the application deadline. Individuals interested in employment with the Municipality must re-apply each time an employment opportunity is posted. Once a vacant position has been filled, the Municipality shall notify all applicants accordingly. Applications for employment are only accepted when a vacancy exists.
JOB 1 – TEMPORARY PART-TIME SUMMER HELP – PUBLIC WORKS
WANNA WORK DAYLIGHT MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY NO WEEKENDS?
The Municipality of Bethel Park is seeking summer help to assist the Public Works Department perform grass cutting, weed whacking, painting, digging in the Municipal Parks. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Position start and end dates are flexible through May – August. Positions hours are from 7a.m. – 3:30p.m. Rate of pay is $12/hour. Interested candidates must apply at email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm, Friday April 30, 2021. Or contact Human Resources at 412-831-6800 x379.
JOB 2 – HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (PART-TIME) – IT
Under the general supervision of the IT Administrator and the Project Manager, the IT Desktop Support Technician will serve as a point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance over the phone or email. You will perform on-site or remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided.
• Serve as a point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques
• Maintaining hardware and software inventory databases
• Windows 10 and Microsoft Office user support
• Ensure proper disposal of decommissioned hardware
• Printer installation
• Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
• Assist the IT Administrator and IT Project Manager with additional tasks as assigned
• Occasional work outside of standard business hours may be required
• Perform other related tasks, as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
• Familiar with mobile device setup
• Familiar with basic printer troubleshooting
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to add/remove computers from a domain
• Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Windows 10 troubleshooting and installation procedures
• Familiar with remote control programs such as TeamViewer, Windows Remote Assist, or Dameware
• Computer hardware install and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with an I.T. helpdesk ticketing systems is a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 including OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams is a plus
• An understanding of SLAs is a plus
• Any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to a High School Diploma
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / CONDITIONS
Requires the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, and some light work requiring the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment) drug screen.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a thorough investigation, consisting of a criminal history check and education verification check. Must have or be able to pass a NCIC certification.
TO APPLY SEND A RESUME TO RESUME@BETHELPARK.NET.