For the safety of all residents, please note that block parties and fundraising events involving items such as food trucks, outdoor music, amusement rides, petting zoos, commercial bounce houses, etc. require a temporary outdoor permit. This permit helps to ensure the safety and welfare of residents hosting the event and those within the surrounding area as well. For instance, the permit requires that the applicant submit Health Department licenses to ensure that all food is safe to eat and equipment is up to code. It also enables us to help barricade off the area, if necessary, to keep it safe and secure. And, it ensures that emergency vehicles are able to travel through the area if needed.

So, if you’re planning to host an event in your neighborhood, please be sure to submit your information so that we can help to ensure the safety of everyone involved!

A copy of the permit can be found on our website by clicking here and can be submitted in three different ways: email; drop it at the Municipal Office (5100 W. Library Ave.) M-F from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or by utilizing the red drop off box located outside the Police Station entrance.