Welcome to the Bethel Park Community Center!
The Bethel Park Community Center, rented for social and professional functions, is well known throughout the South Hills for its convenient location and exceptional amenities. In fact, each year, the 40,495 sq. ft. Center welcomes thousands of guests through its doors! The beautifully designed facility is comprised of spaces for special events and meetings as well as areas for relaxation and physical fitness. Ample well-lit lots surround the building offering guests plenty of on-site parking.
Centrally located in the community at 5151 Park Avenue, the Center offers convenient access to both South Park Rd. and Rt. 88 (Library Rd.). Center staff will be happy to work with you to ensure that your event is a success!
Our outstanding rental facilities include our large Multipurpose Room, Rooms A, B & C, Classroom, Theatrical Stage, and Catering Kitchen. These spaces can accommodate small to large groups, up to 250 seated and 400 standing.
To add to our guest experience, we also offer a Lounge area, Gymnasium*, Elevated Walking Track*, Exercise/Dance Studio, Playground, and outdoor well-lit Multi-Purpose Field. And, because guest safety is paramount to us, our onsite parking offers well-lit lots with direct, safe walk-in access to the Center.
*Based on availability; additional fees apply.
Reserving a room at the Bethel Park Community Center for your next event is a simple, straightforward process and may be done up to a year in advance. It is recommended that you reserve your space early as dates fill up quickly!
How to Reserve a Room
- Requests for rentals must be submitted in writing and should include the following information:
Renters’ name, address, phone numbers, date requested, time requested, specific room(s) requested (if known), purpose of rental, and approximate number of guests expected. Requests may be returned to the Community Center in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within a week, you’ll receive written notification as to whether your requested space is available or not.
- If available, we’ll send you a Reservation Permit along with rental Terms & Conditions and additional rental information to complete.
- 50% of the total rental fee is due with the signed Rental Contract.
- The remaining 50% is due 30 days prior to your event.
- A refundable security deposit and room layout is due seven days prior to your event. Please note that while we want your event to be a success, failure to meet any payment deadlines may result in rental cancellation. Fees paid will not be refunded.
We understand that you may need to cancel an event; therefore, if you do, cancellation requests MUST be submitted in writing either in person or to email@example.com.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
- Cancellations received in writing more than 60 days prior to the scheduled date will receive a refund of 50% of the initial rental deposit, less a $5 processing fee.
- No refund will be issued if the written cancellation is received less than 60 days prior to event.
Other Rental Notes
- Any use of the Community Center which requires Municipal staff to stay after the scheduled closing time shall be charged an additional $40 per hour for any portion of an hour that may be needed.
- Rental rate includes the set-up of tables and chairs.
- Renters will be responsible to contact Community Center Staff one week prior to their event to sign-off on all seating/room arrangements. This can be done in person or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The security/damage deposit should also be paid at this time. Rate: $100 per area rented.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reserve/request a room?
Room requests must be received in writing and can be turned in at the Community Center or emailed to email@example.com.
How old do I need to be to request a rental?
Rental Permits are issued to those age 21 or older.
How far in advance can I book a room?
We accept requests up to 12 months prior to the rental date.
What is included in a room rental?
Set up and use of tables & chairs for the event are included.
What happens if my event goes over my contract time?
Additional charges will apply if you go over your allotted time; amounts vary by rental space.
When do I need to be out of the rental space?
You’ll find rental times listed on your permit. There you’ll see the time you may enter the rental room for your event “prep” and also the end time to exit space when your event along with all event cleanup needs to be completed. By adhering to the exiting by the end time on your permit, you won’t incur additional charges.
Do you allow alcohol at events and if so, what are the requirements?
Not at this time.
Do you allow rentals for home sale parties and similar events?
No. Rooms may not be a rented for the purpose of individual or group profit making activities.
Can you tell me more about the Gymnasium?
The Gym includes one full-length and one ½ basketball court and can be converted into three ½ sized courts. It has eight basketball hoops and features three ½ size volleyball courts. Currently, use is restricted to use by appointments only. No Open Gym is scheduled at this time. Appointments can be scheduled for individuals/families to use a single basket. No multiple hoop games are permitted.
How long is the Walking Track?
The Track features a 1/12 mile cushioned walking area overlooking the Gym. Use of the Track or Gym requires a membership or day pass. If you’re interested in guests being able to use either of these spaces during your event, speak to Center staff regarding procedures and additional fees.
What other amenities does the Center offer?
The Center also offers a lounge area with tv, outdoor playground equipment for the younger crowd featuring swings, a slide and more; and a lit, outdoor Multi-Purpose Field conveniently located next to the Center with nearby parking.
Community Center Membership Fees & Renewals
If you’d like to use the Bethel Park Community Center Gymnasium and Walking Track, then you’ll need a membership card for use after 3 p.m. Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday! Currently use is free of charge Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Silver Sneakers cards may be used in place of a membership card for those that are eligible. Both residents and non-residents can purchase 12-month memberships at the Community Center during normal business hours.
All that’s needed to purchase a membership is completion of a simple membership application and photo identification (such as a driver’s license) to prove residency; once payment is received, an identification photo will be kept on file for each member – a process expected to take less than 10 minutes. New members will receive both a wallet size member card as well as a small key tag card.
Individual memberships will include five complimentary guest passes, and Family memberships will include 15 complimentary guest passes!
Youth (13 – 17 years old) $5 $125
Adult (18 – 59 years old) $10 $150
Family $25 $250
Senior Adult (60+) $5 $80
Additional Guest Passes – 5 $4 $45
Day pass: Individual $1* $10
*To purchase a day pass, you must provide photo ID to prove residency.
All Gym memberships expire 12 months after they were issued. Please remember to renew your membership by stopping at the Community Center Desk to update your information and pay the renewal fee
CHILDREN UNDER 13 MUST BE UNDER DIRECT SUPERVISION OF AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
Walking Track Registration
Register for walking times at the Community Center indoor track online – FREE of charge!
A Membership/Guest Pass/Day Pass is required after 3 p.m. Monday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
To register for track time simply:
- Go to bethelpark.net
- At the top of the page, click on ‘Departments’
- Click on ‘ParksRecreation and Community Center, then Recreation Program Registration’
- Walking track times can be found under ‘Adult Programs CC’
- Find the time frame you would like to walk and click on ‘Register Drop-in’
- You will be prompted to sign into your account. If you do not have an account yet, you will need to create one.
- Choose participant(s) that will be walking at that time, click ‘next’
- You can then choose all dates you would like to walk at the specific time up to two weeks in advance
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘next’
- Review registration information and click ‘Add to cart’
- Click ‘Checkout’ (there is no charge to register for walking)
If unable to register online, please call 412-851-2910 and staff will assist you in scheduling an appointment.